Sunday 27 January 2013

Quilting Itch III - coming together nicely

I need to start this entry by showing you something super cute.  Normally fabric printers put dye dots in the selvedge of the fabric, I'm sure they serve a technical purpose but I'm too lazy ot even google it to find out why.. but I might have to now- look how this buggy fabric has its dye dots printed...

 

I might have to go back and buy another piece of this just to get more lady birds!

Enough lollygagging back to scratching itches...

All those geese needed to be matched and sewn to their partner square...


 




Then one of my favourite parts of making a large quilt.  Pushing all the furniture back in the dining room and spreading the blocks around and playing with them, shuffling the rows until the colours and patterns all sit together nicely...


and then there is all the little sashing blocks to work into the design...


I can get a bit OCD when it comes to pressing seams...

 

But I think the results are worth it...


Just as I was finishing up a fox came right up to the window and looked in.  Of course he'd gone by the time I'd picked up the camera and rushed outside, but I wonder what it was about this view that made him want to investigate further?


Anyway a big quilt needs big borders.  This one is no exception there's going to be a pieced one in between two plain ones.  I love a pieced border, super cute little squares...

 

Two sides on and two to go...


Gotta keep scratching that itch!


1 comment:

  1. The quilt is really looking good...but you really need to go to the doctors now and get some cream!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...