Saturday 20 July 2013

Half term hooky project complete...

Back in half term I needed a bit of a project, as a bit of something different to do.  So I started making granny bunting for Yarndale.

I thought I'd make a couple.....or maybe four if I had time......and then well I kept going a little bit longer...
'im indoors rolled his eyes and shook his head so I stopped and put them away for a few weeks.  Secretly waiting for the postal address to be made known so I could quickly whip them out, add a touch of embellishment and get them off in the post.

So Wednesday night was embellishing night....sat in a friend's back garden with a button tin, needle, thread and a pint of elderflower cordial (well it was 30+'c!)


A quick "pssshhhhh" with a steam iron to help make the corners pointy, and a few strategic placed buttons and Ta-dah!!


*sigh* if only this were real honey comb - imagine the gloops of honey in cells that size!!


So wrapped with care ...they're off.
Hope they look ok amongst the others ...it seems there are lots arriving there already...


Starting to get seriously excited about September trip to Skipton now....

1 comment:

  1. Loving the bee button's - hope you found BBBBEEEEEEEE paper to wrap them in! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...