Friday 4 October 2013

NOT all my own work....

Here's where I started my little holiday project to keep my fingers busy while I was on the plane....
It grew really nicely whilst we were away, its amazing how far one ball of wool from a charity shop will go...


So far...that I had to join a second ball of wool in for the second week of the holiday and the journey home...


Anyway...that second ball of wool didn't last very long...so here's my Ta-dah! moment...


You may have noticed that the weather's got a little colder since I started!

I just love the flecky effect of the lime green, blue and yellow, it sneaks up on you when you are expecting a plain white blanket and gives you a little zing...


See what I mean....


Anyway, whilst I've been busy on the simplest overgrown granny square of a blanket a hooker can imagine.  Two other quilters have been even busier ....

 

A couple of patchwork blocked granny squares...with a little embellishment...


and some lovely flecks of colour....


And lots of little alternating granny square patches...


So anyway - there blankets are off to join their pals on a long journey to Rumania.
They should get there in time for Christmas so will hopefully be keeping some little toes warm in no time at all.

1 comment:

  1. Loving all the blankets...... would be great to see the other creations by the group!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...