Saturday 1 February 2014

Christmas Hooky project = complete!!

So there I was all in a tiswas and positively grumpy.

There was nothing else for it but to put the hook somewhere safe and take a break...


It was time well spent as it meant I had time to purchase some more wool, hunting out the exactly right, and now discontinued, colours from both an online retailer and my "not-quite-nearest-but-still- great" little wool shop.  Big shout outs to both of you helping me track down the yarn needed.

So it wasn't very long until I was rested and resupplied and able to crack on with finishing that third and final row....


Did I say third?


Yeah, .....well we all know I'm not so good at this counting lark.... a couple of evenings, a glass of grape juice and suddenly there were four....


Just a few more loose ends to sew in...


They were soon done and my Japanese flower shawl is done.
Wanna see it?


Ta-dah!

I'm loving its super squashy drapiness and snuggly warmness.
It is absolutely perfect for those evenings when me & 'im indoors differ in our opinion on where the thermostat should be set....

I just need to decide where the best place is to keep it handy...


Shall I try that again with the curtains closed?


Mmm loving this limited colour palette... but its been a long grisly grey old winter and I'm thinking my next project needs to celebrate spring colour...which really should begin to start returning soon....
In the meantime a good friend pointed me in the direction of this blog...

WOWEEEE what a contrast to my interpretation of the pattern.....excuse me while I drool for a little while...

1 comment:

  1. Love, love LOOOOVVVEEE Helen. The colours are just fab in the LR. May have to give that one a try myself with left overs from the ripple blanket - you did write the pattern down didn't you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...