Saturday 3 May 2014

Forget-your breakfast?

I always think of the garden as being very blue in May....


There's a sudden riot of bluebells and forget me nots.  Both of which are great source of nectar for bees.

Although to be frank, considering the number of bluebells, the volume of forget-me-nots and the number of bees I have only a few metres away I'm rather surprised by just how few I've seen on the flowers.   :(

When I commented about it down at the apiary I was told by wiser sages that I'd simply been looking at the wrong time of day, I needed to get out earlier in the morning..forget-me-nots release their nectar early in the day...Its amazing what you do see at the right time of day...




So there was nothing else for it....an early start was required...it seems I wasn't the only one who fancied forget-me-not nectar for breakfast...




Unfortunately I still don't know what it tastes like.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...