Thursday 16 October 2014

New alternative route home....

We got out of college a bit early today so I decided to take an alternative, mostly riverside, walk home...

At least it would be once I'd negotiated  some crazy road layouts, whilst trying to pay more attention to not getting knocked over whilst taking photos...


 






Why would I be surprised that a cathedral is nearly squished under a railway viaduct after the church earlier in the week?


After Southwark cathedral it was a quick trip down the steps to the sizzles and smells of Borough market...(not escaping that landmark in the back ground)


Through the long alleys from once busy wharf side buildings...

 

and past interesting tourist traps....


Then suddenly without any warning I burst out of the alleys and onto the riverside, a quick glance back to where I came from....


and on towards old familiar friends.... 


I think I've found another favourite view of new and old London together....


Of course ...some bits are older (and better restored) than others....




Its good to see greenery 


before the harder edge of the Southbank...


Gotta love this conversion of a classic routemaster...


Good to see the traditional boarders are still on site.... 


But I'm not so sure about the rest of the current art work....

 
Time for one last glance back in the gathering evening gloom ....definitely the best bit - the combination of old and new.


These are the views that make my heart glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...