Sunday 1 February 2015

Flutter by February

Can I be honest for a second?

I don't like butterflies very much.

I know, really I do know....  I know its weird!!

But the RHS gardens at Wisley have a butterfly exhibition in one of the main tropical glasshouses at the moment and the opportunity to go and take some pretty pictures with a friend who knows about photography presented itself as a Sunday morning fun activity, so I pocketed my little point and click camera and off we went....

Except that I didn't pocket the camera, which was a school girl error as the first shots were a bit foggy....





Now if you could just land with your wings open....



Blue ones can hide against leaves really well....


and not so well against window ledges.....




Love the tongue....



Upstairs some were just drying their wings....


 Sadly not all of them were so well behaved at sitting still....


Gotcha!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Great day - excellent images - not bad considering the problems you had focusing - I think I'd be hard pushed if our images were side by side to say which camera was use on which images!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...