Sunday 23 June 2013

Glorious Sandown

After the grotty job that started my Sunday I was hugely relieved to have booked a ticket for the national quilt show at Sandown.

Looking back at my photos of the day there's a few clear themes coming together that I'm sure will start to influence the stuff I do...

I do love a wholecloth quilt....





And its cousin...the welsh inspired strippy quilt...



Exquisite applique....






Some ideas for using collections of fabrics ....got a number of large collections of remnants that would benefit from some of these ideas....( 'im indoors may be glad to see the stash shrink)



 


Super bright rainbow colours.....plenty of ideas here for fabrics that might be produced at next months planned dyeing day...








But the absolute, jaw dropping, gob smacking, most gorgeous quilt at the show is this one....


This is Seneca by Ferret 
Is it a quilt? is it art? who cares?! Its stunning!!
Look at the fluffy tail! - the reflection......all done with stitches and thread
Hung on the end of the run of stands that wolf watched every quilter walk past, and I swear he thought all of us was a potential meal!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...