Saturday 16 November 2013

Nature on the doorstep

I had to go along to the apiary this afternoon for the AGM, I've been asked to be on the committee for next year, so it would have been a bit rude not to go...

After a busy morning of crochet, chit and chat I set out to walk to the Apiary.
It struck me that with the nights drawing in and the weather getting wetter and colder the opportunities to get out and about are going to become more scarce for the next few months...so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to walk there along the bank of the Hogsmill....

I'm glad I did.  These photos in no way do it justice. But in the cold and slightly failing light the autumn colours zinged and pinged...










I walked VERY fast through the railway tunnel and tried not to think about the spiders (and bats) nesting on the ceiling....


Phew! back out into the open....




Rather surprised to find the weirs have been removed!



But a helpful sign explains its part of a plan to improve the brook by removing the obstacles that prevent fish swimming up stream, and so gradually improve the ecological balance.


Time to head for home now...I feel a cuppa coming on.

1 comment:

  1. Flippen heck ..... how have a missed this for so long.....A summer time stroll me thinks with my friend and camera!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...