Wednesday 13 November 2013

New hooky project

This is another treat from the Yarndale shopping bag for me ....


Hang on.....let me line them all up together ...


Aren't these little skeins scrummy??
They come from Amanda Perkins of the Natural dye Studio.
She had a stand right in the middle of Yarndale and I was, quite frankly, blown away by the colours and the blankets...and the scarves...and the wraps...and the shawls...do you get the picture?

I just had to try a little something and this kit to make a Lula crochet scarf hit the spot perfectly..

First a bit of technical adjustment:
Am I a tight tension or a lose tension hooker? (oooh err missus!)

I made the motif (as per the brilliantly clearly instructions) with two different size hooks.
Who knew 1/2 mm could make so much difference...


So now they need blocking.....simply soak in luke warm water for 15 mins and squeeze out as much water as possible in a towel...

 

Then pin out to dry.
In my case on a template of a 2.5" circle to make sure they don't overstretch to get to the right size...


Now the hard part....
Which one looks the best?
.....mmmmmm....... might have to be the yellow edged one...

Now to crack on ...it needs 69 friends to join it as soon as possible....There's a forecast of snow for next week!!  



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...