Sunday 16 December 2012

Soup glorious soup I

One of the best things I've discovered about winter is soup.
With a bit of careful planning ( i.e. buy a stack of plastic storage pots that handle being in both a freezer and a microwave) a batch of soup can provide lunch for a whole week.  Its healthy - focus on vegetables and a pot of soup is easily 2 of your 5 a day, warming and cheap.

Thanks to Jamie Oliver this is one of the simplest ones I know...


Sweat the onion, carrot and a bit of celery in a couple of table spoons of olive oil, add some veg stock and the whole pack of peas...


Add a really generous handful of mint...the number of times I've made this soup I've come to the conclusion there is no such thing as too much mint... so add as much as you think it needs and then add another few for good measure...


Let it simmer away for about 10 minutes...


Then blend...


and pot it up for 5 super healthy lunches!


Yes I know it looks like gloop from an ancient episode of Star Trek but trust me - its yummy, particularly in a cold office in the middle of the week when everyone else only has a sandwich or last night's chinese left overs to tuck into!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...